Mon, 29 June 2015
0:00:00 - 0:21:046 - This week, Sean is joined by returning champion David Brothers, the Ryan Seacrest of Image Comics, to discuss the following films:
Police Story Lockdown (2013), directed by Ding Sheng, starring Jackie Chan, Liu Ye, Jiang Tian, and Yin Tao; and Police Story (1985), directed by Jackie Chan, starring Chan, Brigette Lin, Maggie Cheung, Chor Yuen, and Charlie Cho.
Also discussed in this section: Jet Li, Legend of Drunken Master, Rumble in the Box, Drug War, Crime Story, Supercop, Universal Soldier films, Call of Duty, Brian De Palma, Ed Brubaker's run on Captain America, First Strike, Special I.D., Rashamon, Live Free or Die Hard, Die Hard With a Vengeance, The Girl Next Door, Taken, Sylvester Stallone, Rambo 4, Escape From L.A., Nonstop, Ringo Lam, Burn Hollywood Burn, Fist of Fury, Chinese Connection, Prison on Fire, In Hell, Shanghai Knights, Donnie Yen, Chris Ready's Jackie Chan In The 80s series, Dirty Harry, Thunderbolt, The Protector, The Exterminator, the Punisher, Brian Dennehy, and Death Wish.
0:21:47 - 0:39:24 - Run All Night (2015), directed by Juame Collet-Serra, starring Liam Neeson, Ed Harris, Joel Kinnaman, Vincent D'onofrio, Bruce McGill, Common, and Nick Nolte.
Also discussed in this section: A Walk Among the Tombstones, Red Harvest, Vikings, Game of Thrones, Nas, the Robocop remake, Tom Hardy, Ryan Gosling, The Drop, Jurassic Park, Killing Them Softly, Smokin Races, Lucky Number Slevin, Daniel Craig, Person of Interest, Attack the Block, Taxi Driver, The Warriors, Michael Ironsides, Revolver, Payback, this MUBI article on Neeson/Serra, Sucker Punch, and Method Man.
0:39:25 - 0:53:52 - The Long Riders (1980), directed by Walter Hill, starring James & Stacy Keach, Robert, Keith, & David Carradine, Randy & Dennis Quaid, and Christopher & Nicholas Guest, Pamela Reed, and James Remar.
Also discussed in this section: The Wild Bunch, From Shane To Kill Bill by Patrick McGee, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Gone Baby Gone, The Great Northfield Minnesota Raid, Deadwood, Brewster's Millions, Supernova, the Wright Brothers, Kung Fu, Southern Comfort, Dead Presidents, Parks & Recreation, John Milius, Kindergarten Cop, Heaven's Gate, Fleetwood Mac, 3: 10 to Yuma, Get Shorty, Out of Sight, Jackie Brown, Justified, Nashville, 52 Pickup, and The French Connection.
0:53:53 - 1:04:02 - The Getaway (1972), directed by Sam Peckinpah, starring Steve McQueen, Ali McGraw, Ben Johnson, Sally Struthers, Al Littieri, Bo Hopkins, and Slim Pickins.
Also discussed in this section: Bullit, John Milius, Point Blank, Akira Kurosawa, John Woo, Enzo G. Castellari, What's Up Doc?, Peter Bogdonavich, Polly Platt, Candice Bergen, Robert Mitchum, and Star Wars.
1:04:02 - 1:25:22 - Mortal Kombat (1995), directed by Paul WS Anderson, starring Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa, Christopher Lambert, Robin Shou, Linden Ashby, Bridgette Wilson, and Talisa Soto.
Also discussed in this section: Street Fighter, Event Horizon, the Resident Evil series, Russel Mulcahy, DOA, Dead or Alive, Subway, Highlander, Bloodsport, Steven Seagal, Sin City 1 & 2, Lila & Eve, Everly, Fast & The Furious 5, Samuel Fuller, Alien vs Predator, Kill Bill, Nymphomaniac, My Super Ex Girlfriend, Lucy, The Brave One, Takashi Miike, Eli Roth, Under The Skin, Akira, Powder, Charlize Theron, Neil Degrasse Tyson, The Devil's Advocate, and Hayao Miyazaki.
Next Week: A podcast!
Direct download: david_and_movies.mp3
-- posted at: 3:20 PM
Wed, 24 June 2015
0:00:00 - 0:14:21 - INTROS - We have a little CBS Storybreak of our own, as Tucker has read the first Jack Reacher book, Killing Floor by Lee Child.
Also discussed in this section: True Detective season 2, Parker, Raymond Chandler, John Wayne, Howard Hawks, Hannibal, and Tom Cruise.
0:14:22 - 0:27:13 - We catch up on our favorite tv show with Person of Interest season 4, starring Camryn Manheim.
Also discussed in this section: Pink Floyd, Asif Mandvi, The Who, Terminator 2, The Wire, and True Romance.
0:27:14 - 0:33:50 - Tucker saw Spy (2015), directed by Paul Feig, starring Melissa McCarthy, Rose Byrne, Jason Statham, Zach Woods, 50 Cent, Jude Law, Bobby Cannavale, Miranda Hart, Peter Serafinowicz, and Allison Janney.
Also discussed in this section: Veep, 28 Weeks Later, Beowulf, Charlie Chaplin, Silicon Valley, Neighbors, Damages, The Departed, The Proposition, Noah, Terminator 5, and Angelina Jolie.
0:33:51 - 0:46:08 - Sean watched, not by choice, the Entourage movie (2015), directed by some bag of human shit, starring Haley Joel Osment.
Also discussed in this section: the X-Files movies, McG, The Interview, Gary Busey, Sling Blade, Law & Order, PCU, Serenity, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Kung Fu Hustle, Nightwatch, Daywatch, Roger Corman, Mark Millar, Danny Boyle, Mark Wahlberg, Deuce Bigalow European Gigolo, Natalie Wood, David Lynch, Nightcrawler, and Last House on the Left.
0:46:09 - 1:12:42 - Finally, Sean watched the honest to god masterpiece Dogville (2003), directed by Lars Von Trier, starring Nicole Kidman, James Caan, Stellan Skarsgaard, Lauren Bacall, Paul Bettany, Ben Gazzara, Udo Kier, Patricia Clarkson, Chloe Sevigny, Zeljko Ivanek, Phillip Baker Hall, Siobahn Fallon, Jeremy Davies, Cleo King, and Shauna Shim.
Also discussed in this section: Manderlay, I Spit On Your Grave, They Call Her One Eye, Coffy, Straw Dogs, The Matrix sequels, Day of the Dead, Bertolt Brecht, There Will Be Blood, James Caan's role in Wes Anderson and Michael Mann films, The Godfather, Lord of the Flies, Angels In America, Suspiria, One From The Heart, Nashville, Panic Room, Nymphomaniac, Unbreakable, Bryce Dallas Howard, Jurassic World, Fay Wray, The Lost World, The Devil Wears Prada, Bill Burr vs Philadelphia, and the trailer for Sicaro.
- RIP James Horner.
Direct download: dirty_nation.mp3
-- posted at: 2:46 PM
Tue, 16 June 2015
- 0:00:00 - 0:08:02 - Intros!. Featuring some comics talk including Hawkworld by Tim Truman, Cable, Mountain Dew Code Red, Paul Gulacy's Terminator: Secondary Objectives, Judge Dredd, Deathmate Black, Harbinger, and the X-Men.
- 0:08:03 - 0:15:12 -Tucker has caught up with season 4 of Person of Interest.
Also discussed in this section: the first episode of Penny Dreadful, Hannibal, Boardwalk Empire, Mad Max, Terminator, Saw, and Michael Pitt.
- 0:15:13 - 0:26:31 - We talk about the trailer for The Martian, directed by Ridley Scott, and the trailer for Aloha, directed by Cameron Crowe.
Also discussed in this section: Interstellar, Mission To Mars, American Gangster, Joel Edgerton, Robin Hood, Kingdom of Heaven, The Counselor, Elizabethtown, Cameron Diaz in Vanilla Sky, We Bought A Zoo, Alec Baldwin, Bill Murray, Danny McBride, the Tom Hanks Dungeons and Dragons scare movie Mazes and Monsters, Krakatoa East of Java, The Boy Next Door, Enough, Jag, The Burning Bed, NCIS, Sleeping With The Enemy, Blue Steel, and Jurassic Park.
- 0:26:31 - 0:37:12 - Tucker rewatched Jack Reacher (2012), directed by Christopher McQuarrie, starring Tom Cruise, Rosamund Pike, David Oyelowo, Jai Courtenay, Werner Herzog, Robert Duvall, and Richard Jenkins. And Sean and Tucker both watched Phantoms (1998), directed by Joe Chappelle, starring Peter O'Toole, Ben Affleck, Liev Schrieber, Rose McGowan, and Nicky Katt.
Also discussed in this section: Wolverine, Michael Mann, Spooks/MI6, Ed Zwick, Tobey Maguire, The Thing, Marilyn Manson, Robert Rodriguez, and Transformers 4.
- 0:37:12 - 0:43:55 - Sean saw Spy (2015), directed by Paul Feig, starring Melissa McCarthy, Rose Byrne, Jason Statham, Bobby Cannavale, Miranda Hart, Alyson Janney, Zack Woods, 50 Cent, Jude Law, Jessica Chaffin, Jamie Denbo, and Peter Serafinowicz.
Also discussed in this section: Zack Woods' great scene in Spy, Face/Off, Paul Feig on WTF, Power, Escape Plan, Judd Apatow, James Bond, San Andreas, Carla Gugino, Son In Law, Welcome Home Roxy Carmichael, The Simpsons, Jim Abrams, Jay Mohr, Action, and Buddy Hackett.
- 0:43:56 - 0:59:31 - We discuss the passing of Christopher Lee.
Check out this video interview with Christopher Lee talking about his whole career.
Also discussed in this section: Lord of the Rings, Dracula, the amazing sword fights in Three Musketeers, Fu Manchu, The Man With the Golden Gun, Erroyl Flynn, the Star Wars prequels, flat coke, Hannie Caulder, Dark Shadows, Burke & Hare, Dungeons and Dragons, In The Name of the King, Jeremy Irons, Dead Ringers, M Butterfly, John McTiernan, necrophilia, Cabaret, The Music Man, John Leguizamo, Moulin Rouge, Todd McFarlane, The Pest, Three's Company, Children's Hospital, Who's Line Is It Anyway, Arrested Development S4, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Family Feud, South Park, Ice Cube, Glenn Howerton in Guardians of the Galaxy, Crank, Crank 2, Jurassic World, Hobo With A Shotgun, Terminator 5, Tron 3, Avengers 2, the original Jurassic Park and Spielberg screaming, Carnosaur, and the 5th Bourne movie, and Gerry.
- 0:59:32 - 1:18:38 - Sean watched Geronimo (1993) , directed by Walter Hill, written by John Milius, starring Wes Studi, Jason Patric, Matt Damon, Robert Duvall, and Gene Hackman.
Also discussed in this section: The Homesman, Last of the Mohicans, The Next Karate Kid, Mortal Kombat, Boys Don't Cry, The Plague, Idris Elba, Thinner, Obsession, A Time To Kill, Runaway Jury, Bruce McGill, Cliffhanger, Raising Cain, the trailer for The Walk, Robert Zemeckis, Used Cars, Castaway, Flight, Tony Scott, John Goodman, Gary Treaudeau, John Lithgow, Tom Cruise, Christopher Lee, George Lucas' writing ability over time, No Escape, Gil Ozeri watching Entourage, Tucker marathoning Oz pre-dvd, The Prisoner, Patty Lupone, Seinfeld's Oz SNL parody, Jerimiah, CBS Storybreak, Elias Koteas, Ray Stevenson, Dolph Lundgren, James Remar, The Punisher on Daredevil, Jason Statham, and Will Smith as Deadshot.
Direct download: chris_to_lee.mp3
-- posted at: 2:42 AM
Tue, 2 June 2015
- 0:00:00 - 0:32:45 - Morgan watched all of the Fast and the Furious movies directed by Rob Cohen, John Singleton, Justin Lin, and James Wan, starring Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Tyrese, Jordana Brewster, and Michelle Rodriguez.
Also discussed in this section: The Avengers, Star Trek, The Road Warrior, Bond, Hunger Games, Jeroen Crabbe, Person of Interest, Criminal Minds, Point Break, Nightmare On Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Miami Vice, Death Proof, Wile E. Coyote, Tom Cruise, Monica Belluci, Daredevil, Havoc, Dolph Lundgren, The Raid, Old Boy, the "Charlie Work" episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, True Detective, Hannibal, Tron Legacy, Game of Death, and Keanu Reeves.
- 0:32:46 - 0:43:00 - Sean watched The Osterman Weekend (1983), directed by Sam Peckinpah, starring Sweet Baby Rutger Hauer, Craig T. Nelson, Meg Foster, John Hurt, Dennis Hopper, Burt Lancaster, and Chris Sarandon.
Also discussed in this section: Convoy, George Jones, CW McCall, James Coburn, Conway Twitty, Watchmen, Alan Moore's Writing For Comics, Wanted Dead or Alive, Hobo With A Shotgun, The Hitcher, Flesh and Blood, Batman Begins, Spetters, Blade Runner, Takashi Miike, Robocop, and Showgirls.
- 0:43:01 - 1:12:15 - Morgan watched:
The Conversation (1974), directed by Francis Ford Coppola, starring Gene Hackman, John Cazale, Allen Garfield, Cindy Williams, Frederic Forrest, Robert Duvall, and Harrison Ford.
Blow Out (1981), directed by Brian De Palma, starring John Travolta, Nancy Allen, John Lithgow, and Dennis Franz.
Klute (1971), directed by Alan J Pakula, starring Donald Sutherland, Jane Fonda, Charles Cioffi, and Roy Schieder.
Also discussed in this section: Blow Up, Deep Red, Steven Soderbergh, Obsession, Greetings, Raising Cain, Godfather 2, Walter Murch, Apocalypse Now, Frantic, Willem Dafoe, Timothy Carey, Evil Dead, Halloween, The Shining, Josh Brolin, The Sleeping Car Murders, The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, Hairspray, Wild Hogs, Black Christmas, Room 237, The Exorcist, Going Clear, The Thing, Carrie, Dressed to Kill, and Heaven's Gate.
- 1:12:16 - 1:26:46 - To close out, we talk about the Star Wars 7 trailer, as well as Ex Machina, Sunshine, Star Trek, Roberto Orci, Super 8, Rian Johnson, Terminator: Genisys, James Cameron, George Lucas' politics, Kathleen Kennedy, Leigh Brackett, Marcia Lucas, Gary Kurtz, Irvin Kershner, Thor, Event Horizon, Brothers Bloom, Mad Max Fury Road, 28 Days Later, Day of the Dead, The Beach, 127 Hours, Dredd, and Prometheus.
- THE FIFTH AGE: Sam Kleiman from The Thing About My Folks.
Direct download: 1dirtyd.mp3
-- posted at: 4:15 PM
Fri, 29 May 2015
- 0:00:00 - 0:34:39 - To start off this week, Sean and Morgan talk about Mad Max: Fury Road (2015), directed by George Miller; some more.
Also discussed in this section: Coraline, Beowulf, Avatar, John Seale, the Dawn of the Dead remake, Prometheus, Pacific Rim, Need For Speed, Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Inception, Marvel movies, Ghosts of Mars, The Ward, Michael Bay, the Wired oral history of ILM, non-action editors editing action films, Big Trouble In Little China, Robocop, The Road Warrior, The Warriors, Darkman, Terminator, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Sergio Leone, Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome, The Empire Strikes Back, Happy Feet, Peter Jackson, Ridley Scott, Denis Villenueve's Blade Runner sequel, Moebius, Syd Mead, Neuromancer, Roger Deakins, Sicaro, and Se7en.
- 0:34:40 - 1:04:01 - Next up, we both watched Ex Machina (2015), directed by Alex Garland, starring Oscar Isaac, Domnhall Gleeson, Alicia Vikander, Sonoya Mizuno, and Corey Johnson.
Also discussed in this section: The Twilight Zone, Black Mirror, EC Comics, George Miller, Anthony Dod Mantle, Dogme 95, Danny Boyle, Sunshine, 28 Days Later, William Gibson's Blue Ant series, Dredd, Garth Ennis, The Beach, Mad Max, Point Blank, Wittgenstein, Slumdog Millionaire, Watchmen, Hugh Laurie, The Abominable Dr. Phibes, Day of the Dead, Prince of Darkness, Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome, The Walking Dead, Transcendence, Jonathan Nolan, and Soderbergh's Solaris.
- 1:04:02 - 1:21:51 - To close out, Sean watched some M. Night Shyamalan movies for some reason: Unbreakable, The Village, Lady In the Water, and The Happening. They are terrible.
Also discussed in this section: John Leguizamo, Mark Wahlberg, The Gambler, The Crucible, Christopher Doyle, Roger Deakins, Cherry Jones, William Hurt, Sigourney Weaver, Samuel L. Jackson, Signs, Watchmen (again, sorry), The Dark Knight, Superman, The Devil's Rejects, Audition, Blow Out, and Arthur C. Clarke.
- Next Week: who knows
- Paul Reiser over everything.
Direct download: morgmax.mp3
-- posted at: 1:16 AM
Mon, 18 May 2015
- 0:00:00 - 1:07:39 - This week, we are joined by resident expert Joe McCulloch. And we discuss the action movie of the moment, Mad Max Fury Road. That's it.
- And we also mention: The Road Warrior, Mad Max, Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome, Brendan McCarthy, Gus Van Sant getting booed at Cannes, George Miller's other career as a children's film director, Cirque Du Soliel, the Power Rangers, Michel Foucault, Vin Diesel as The Last Witch Hunter, the Riddick series, M. Night Shalyman, After Earth, The Happening, the Bourne series, Karl Urban, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Matt Damon, All the Real Girls, Zooey Deschanel, Danny McBride in All the Real Girls deleted scenes, Henry Cavill, The Cold Light of Day, Doomsday in Batman v Superman, Common's acting career, George Miller's potential Justice League movie, Run All Night, Smokin Aces, Hayao Miyazaki, Darkman, Natural Born Killers, Avatar, Transformers 4, Neveldine & Taylor, Vanishing Point, Kill Bill vol. 1, Kung Fu Hustle, The Raid, Daniel Craig in Star Wars 7, Brad Pitt, Channing Tatum, Busby Berkley, Intolerance, The Passion of Joan of Arc, Spartacus, Ben Hur, Metropolis, Cleopatra, Terminator 2, Aliens, Alien 3, Sigourney Weaver, Domino, Ghosts of Mars, Meryl Streep, Charlize Theron, Directors in their 70s: including Chaplin, Polanski, Woody Allen, Ozu, Scorsese, Kurosawa, and Bergman, Tom Hardy, Michael Bay, Paul Greengrass, Benny Hill, 1980s Punisher comics, Troma movies, Guy DeBord, Eve Ensler, Carrie Ann Moss, Linda Hamilton, Freakwave, Waterworld, The Cars That Ate Paris, 2000 AD, Crisis, Pat Mills, Garth Ennis, Dredd, Fast & The Furious, Sergei Eisenstein, Predator, Sergio Leone, Batman, and Jupiter Ascending.
- Next Week: Morgan Jeske returns or Jupiter Ascending ascends or something else.
- Our outro music this week: "Gyro Saves Max" by Brian May from The Road Warrior. And our intro, as always, is from Escape From New York.
Direct download: maximum.mp3
-- posted at: 11:55 AM
Tue, 5 May 2015
0:00:00 - 1:10:45 - Tucker went to see The Avengers 2: The Second One Without Ralph Fiennes (2015), directed by Josh Whedon, starring Zodiac, Snowpiercer, Blacklist, Lucy, Martha Marcy May Marlene, Stendhal Syndrome, Luther, The Guard, Blackhat, Nymphomaniac, Bourne Legacy, Kick Ass, Wimbeldon, She Hate Me, and the Shaft remake.
Also discussed in this section: Daredevil, Josh Whedon on twitter, Tom Cruise on twitter, Edge of Tomorrow, Mission Impossible, David Miscavidge, Ving Rhames, Hollywood Minute with David Spade, The Soup, the wage gap, Louis CK, The Rock, Under The Skin, Lucy, Greg Rucka, the guy on trial in the Hague, Sam Fuller, Manny Farber, the Suicide Squad cast photo, Ant Man, Shark, Lincoln, Agents of Shield, The Stendhal Syndrome, the Avengers sidescrolling arcade game, Brad Meltzer, Gamer, Looper, Interstellar, Jack Reacher, Transformers 4, Wesley Morris on Avengers, 24, Mark Millar, Bryan Curtis on Pacquiao/Mayweather, Charles S. Dutton in Alien 3, Under Armor, Thomas Kinkade, Ann Nocenti, George Perez, Marv Wolfman, Chris Claremont, Heat, Good Will Hunting, Breaking the Waves, looking stupid in photographs, Steve Engleheart, Cable, Man of Steel, Street Fighter, horse racing, Mad Men, The Hardy Boys, Monster's Ball, NTS SD SUV, Person of Interest, Hobo With A Shotgun, Takashi Miike, Dolph Lundgren, Spetters, Penny Dreadful, John Wick, Tyler Perry, Star Trek 3, Robocop, Liam Neeson, Star Wars, Comics of the Weak, Joe McCulloch, Molly Lambert, Sarah Horrocks, Lords of Salem, Amour, Dan Brown or Chuck Palahnuik: who is the worse writer, Gilbert Hernandez, and this video with the cast of The Rover.
Direct download: avengerscast.mp3
-- posted at: 2:20 PM
Tue, 28 April 2015
- 0:00:00 - 0:32:36 - We're both very excited about the Superman v Batman trailer. Also discussed in this section: Chris Ready and his recent series of articles on Jackie Chan, Ben Affleck, Dennis the Menace Goes To Mexico, the Fantastic Four trailer, Star Wars trailer, the Bourne movies, Frank Miller, Dirty Harry, Christopher Nolan, Joss Whedon, Kenneth Branagh, Man of Steel, Dark Knight Returns, Watchmen, Suicide Squad, Poochy the Rockin Dog, Les Miserables, James Gunn, Will Smith, Jeremy Irons, Soundgarden, Floyd Farland, Superman Returns, Joel Schumacher, the Walking Dead, Lucio Fulci, Collateral, Josh Simmons' Black River, the Roger Corman Fantastic Four movie, the Iron Giant dvd box art, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Mad Max Fury Road, Person of Interest, Child 44, Ex Machina, Matador, Short Circuit, Chappie, Automata, Assassins, Femme Fatale, Desperado, Haywire, The Specialists, Tango & Cash, James Woods, Sliver, Against All Odds, Videodrome, Willem Dafoe, Once Upon A Time In Mexico, The Professional, Dafoe meeting Molina on Spider-Man 2, Burges Meredith, Rocky, the Sopranos, Boiler Room, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, and The Dark Knight Rises.
0:32:37 - 0:43:54 - Sean watched Gone In 60 Seconds (1973), directed by and starring H. B. Halicki.
Also discussed in this section: the remake, Bullit, Vanishing Point, Ronin, The Hidden, Freddy's Revenge, Belly, Speed Racer, Torque, Runaway, Victory, The Rock, Con Air, Face Off, Payback, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, Kill Bill, Minority Report, Nymphomaniac, Michelle Rodriguez, The Slap, 24, Zachary Quinto, and Inside Amy Schumer.
0:43:55 - 0:54:07 - Tucker watched the first episode of Daredevil (2015), starring Bob Gunton, Scott Glenn, and probably some other people.
Also discussed in this section: Darius Khondji, Christopher Doyle, Old Boy, Winter Soldier, Ace Ventura Pet Detective, Frank Miller, Ann Nocenti, Three Days of the Condor, Demolition Man, Wild Palms, Kathryn Bigelow, Robert Loggia in the orange juice commercial, Whiplash, Amadeus, The Grey, Devil's Rejects, The Seventh Seal, The Changeling, and Unbroken.
0:54:08 - 1:07:17 - Sean watched Rabid (1977), directed by David Cronenberg, starring Marilyn Chambers,
Also discussed in this section: Shivers, Carrie, Beyond the Green Door, Ivan Reitman, Piere David, Videodrome, John Carpenter, The Fly, Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer, The Nest, Equalizer 2, Tony Scott, and The Fan.
Direct download: sllight_fox.mp3
-- posted at: 2:26 AM
Tue, 14 April 2015
On this episode, Sean and Tucker saunter down to the watering hole.
0:00:00 - 0:25:42 - Tucker and Sean saw Furious 7 (2015), directed by James Wan, starring Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, The Rock, Jason Statham, Tony Jaa, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Kurt Russell, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris, Nathalie Emmanuel, Lucas Black, Ronda Rousey, and Djimon Honsou.
Also discussed in this section: Marilyn Manson, John Wick, the GoPro footage of the stunts, Richard Brody's review, Watchmen, Road Warrior, Skin Game, Universal Solider, The Marine, Hunger Games, Lego Movie, Terminator 5, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Transporter Refueled, Brick Mansions, The Incredible Hulk, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Chronicles of Riddick, Saw, Gladiator, Liam Hemsworth, Jet Li, Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift, and Hugh Jackman.
0:25:43 - 0:34:15 - Sean saw Run All Night (2015), directed by Juame Collet Serra, starring Liam Neeson, Ed Harris, Joel Kinnaman, Nick Nolte, Bruce McGill, Common, Boyd Holbrook, Genesis Rodriguez, and Vincent D'onofrio.
Also discussed in this section: Walter Hill, Warrior, Noah, Unknown, the Robocop remake, Non-Stop, the MUBI article about Collet-Sera/Neesons "Three Colors Trilogy", Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Arrow, Michael Pena, Elias Koteas, valium, Mortal Kombat 2, and The Gunman.
0:34:16 - 0:50:06 - Sean watched It Follows (2015), dir. David Robert Mitchell, starring Maika Monroe, Keir Gilchrist, Olivia Luccardi, Lilli Sepe, Daniel Zovatto, and Jake Weary.
Also discussed in this section: this amazing Hobo With A Shotgun inspirational reel edited by Jason Eisener, John Carpenter, The Guest, Nightmare on Elm Street, Carrie, Christine, Elephant, Tangerine Dream, Housebound, The Devil's Rejects, Daredevil, Arrested Development, The Unbreakable Kimmy Scmidt, The Stand, Joe Carnahan's Daredevil 70s period piece supercut, George Romero, Robocop, Once Upon A Time In The West, Halloween 3, Jerry Minor, The Warriors, The Bourne Supremacy, Mean Streets, Person Of Interest, The Exterminator, The Executioner novels, Don't Go In The House, Jaws, Matthew Holness' A Gun For George, Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Cliff Robertson, Monkey Shines, and Hollywoodland.
- THE THIRD AGE: Paul Buchman from Mad About You.
Direct download: furious7.mp3
-- posted at: 1:51 AM
Mon, 6 April 2015
0:00:00 - 0:13:38 - To start off this episode, both of us watched The Hit (1984), directed by Stephen Frears, starring Terrence Stamp, John Hurt, Tim Roth, Laura Del Sol, and Fernando Rey.
Also watched in this section: Poltergeist, Superman 2, Poor Cow, The Limey, Lie To Me, Reservoir Dogs, Cul De Sac, Waiting For Godot, Dark Star, Nurse Betty, and Rabid Dogs.
0:13:39 - 0:31:47 - Both of us watched The Grifters (1990), directed by Stephen Frears, starring John Cusack, Anjelica Huston, Annette Benning, and Pat Hingle.
Also discussed in this section: Jim Thompson, Donald Westlake, Brian De Palma, Psycho, Touch of Evil, In The Mouth of Madness, the absolutely amazing Beverly D'Angelo scene deleted from High Fidelity, Melanie Griffith, Michael Gough, Breakdown, Ronin, Woody Allen, James L. Brooks, Broadcast News, Used Cars, and James Adomian.
0:31:48 - 0:58:28 - Morgan watched Near Dark (1987), directed by Kathryn Bigelow, starring Bill Paxton, Lance Henriksen, Jeannete Goldstein, Adrian Pasdar, and Jenny Wright.
Also discussed in this section: the time Sean's sister Noel met Eric Roberts, Blue Steel, the Eric Red episode of The Dollop, Point Break, The Loveless, Aliens, The Hitcher, Body Parts, James Cameron, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Preacher, Terminator 2, Best of the Best, Anne Rice, The Guest, Road House, Mario Bava, Billy Zane, The Hunger, I Am Legend, Tangerine Dream, John Carpenter, The Dark Knight, David Lynch, Jonathan Demme, Heroes, The Lost Boys, Falling Down, The Goonies, Phone Booth, Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula, Keanu Reeves, Steve McQueen, Black Sabbath, Tom Cruise, Furious 7, Jeremy Renner, and Twilight.
0:56:29 - 1:14:58 - BOOK CLUB
Cassavetes on Cassavetes by Ray Carney
Also discussed in this section: Shadows, Gloria, A Woman Under the Influence, Husbands, Faces, A Child is Waiting, Too Late Blues, Stanley Kramer, Charles Mingus, Eraserhead, and baby Steven Spielberg.
Shock Value by Jason Zinoman
Also discussed in this section: John Carpenter, George Romero, Dan O'Bannon, Ridley Scott, Walter Hill,, Roman Polanski, Brian De Palma, William Friedkin, Alfred Hitchcock, Herschell Gordon Lewis, Roger Corman, William Castle, Wes Craven, Tobe Hooper, David Cronenberg, An American Nightmare, Cronenberg on Cronenberg, House of Psychotic Women, Terminator, and Robin Wood.
1:14:59- 1:24:11 - Closing comments. We also sort of talk about Hard Target (1993), directed by John Woo, starring Jean Claude Van Damme, Lance Henriksen, Kasi Lemmons, Arnold Vosloo, Sven-Ole Thorson, and WIlford Brimley.
Also discussed in this section: Cabin Fever, Cocoon, Cocoon 2, Seinfeld, Ringo Lam, the Universal Soldier films, Cyborg, Double Impact, Maximum Risk, Replicant, Dragon Eyes, Masters of the Universe, Steven Seagal, Chuck Norris, Above The Law, Out For Justice, John Flynn, Pam Grier, Blind Fury, and Meg Foster.
- THE SECOND AGE: Burke from Aliens.
Direct download: doghunt.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30 PM